The music ministry of John Wesley United Methodist Church seeks to glorify God through music in our worship services and in our community. As scripture declares, we believe that music in the context of worship is to be thoughtful, excellent, and always God-centered and God-honoring. We believe that all music activities in our church should have the ultimate purpose of bringing Glory to God as we sing the glory in praise, prayer and proclamation.
- We are a group of musicians dedicated to vocal excellence in order to facilitate meaningful worship experiences.
- You do not need to be a trained singer to sing with us; we’ll teach you. We accept all levels. You do not need to be able to read music.
- Choir usually meets Thursday evening from 5:30 until 7:00. However, there are occasional changes to this so be sure to email Pompa at [email protected] to confirm the time.
- If you are unable to join us in person, or cannot commit to singing regularly, that is not a barrier to singing with us! Choir rehearsals are recorded and placed on a Google Drive for asynchronous learning on your own time in order to support singers who are unable to come to choir practice regularly. We don’t want anyone to miss out.
- The choir meets on Sunday at 10:00 in the choir room to rehearse before the service. Especially if you are learning the music on your own time, this is the time to come practice before singing for the service