Ways to Keep up to Date with Upcoming Classes & Events
Recently we had a question about ways to keep up-to-date with current offerings for Lay Servant/Speaking Classes. Some of the information relates to that ministry but the information is relevant for any event and class.
- Subscribe to the WR e-Newsletter – emailed monthly with links to upcoming events and classes listed. Just email Penny at email@example.com and ask to be added to the e-Newsletter email list.
- Check the Western Region Blog frequently — http://www.bwcumc.org/westernregion — it contains the latest information on the region including calendar of events. You can add it to your favorites or bookmark it for easy access.
- Check the BWCUMC website and look under events. Lay Servant/Speaker information will be under Discipleship Academy – just click on the Western Region and select the school you want to attend. We generally have classes in the spring and fall so check back periodically for a list of new classes.
- Check with your Pastor – the churches and pastors are emailed the details as soon as Lay Servant/Speaking class registration opens. Churches are encouraged to put the information into the church bulletin or newsletter.
- As with all classes and events feel free to spread the word to others in your congregation or anyone who you think might be interested
New Form and Enrollment Package for Certified Lay Minister (CLM)
The Certified Lay Minister (CLM) is a position that was created by the 2004 session of the General Conference of The United Methodist Church. It is a position designed to enhance the quality of ministry and ability of small membership churches and team ministry in larger membership churches to meet the spiritual and temporal needs of a constantly changing world (paragraph 272 in the 2004 Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church). An overview of the CLM position can be found at What is a CLM?
Applicants and pastors may click here for details about the NEW application package, forms and processes as well as details on module deadlines and the recertification process.
BWC Western Regional Office Information & Hours
Office Hours: Monday — Friday 8 am to 4:00 pm; Closed for lunch 11:00 — 11:30 am
Regional Blog: http://www.bwcumc.org/westernregion
- TERRI RAE CHATTIN, Superintendent, Frederick District, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Fulton # 410-309-3480
- CONRAD O. LINK, Superintendent, Cumberland-Hagerstown District, e-mail: email@example.com, WR Office # 301-739-6659 ● Fulton # 410-309-3480
- MARK SMILEY, Western Region Guide, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fulton #
- ED GROVE, Western Region Guide, e-mail: email@example.com, Fulton # 410-309-3480
- TONIA BENNETT, Western Region Administrator, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Fulton # 410-309-3480
- PENNY GAVER, Western Region Administrative Assistant, e-mail: email@example.com,
WR Office # 301-739-6659
Return to the Our Team page