The John Wesley UMC Prayer Shawl Ministry was organized in January 2009. Our purpose is to prayerfully knit, crochet or sew shawls to be presented to those undergoing medical procedures, recovering from illness, those in nursing homes, during bereavement, for prayer or meditation, births, baptisms, etc. All shawls are blessed before they are delivered. Here are some comments from recipients:
- “The prayer shawl given my brother is beautiful. It has given him much comfort.”
- “I have felt the prayers of others, while being touched by the shawl, and I thank you for creating it for me. As time goes by, I will remember your thoughtfulness, and enjoy its comfort.”
- “I used your blanket many days during my recovery and it never failed to warm me.”
- “I love the mauve color! I wear it every day.”
- “It was so nice of you to remember us with such a thoughtful and useful gift.”
If you’re interested in becoming part of this ministry please contact the church office and one of our knitter/crocheters will get in touch with you.
Return to the Learning and Growing page