Also called “Faith Community Nursing”, this is a specialized practice of nursing which promotes understanding of whole person (mind, body, and spirit) health and wellness, and provides disease prevention services. There is an emphasis on spiritual care. These services are provided by a registered nurse with educational preparation in wholistic ministry, and who provides health promotion services within a faith community. The goal of the Faith Community Nurse is to assist individuals in gaining optimal mental, physical, and spiritual health by complementing the ministry provided by our pastor and other lay ministers.
CONGRATULATIONS to the 16 people who have completed certification by the American Heart Association in Heartsaver CPR and AED.
And so, our summer is coming to a close. Our busy lives, our stress-filled lives can steal away the wonderful moments God has given us in each summer day. Let these reflections of time remind you what a treasure each moment is:
- to realize the value of one month, ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby
- to realize the value of one week, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper
- to realize the value of one hour, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet
- to realize the value of one minute, ask the gentleman who has just missed his train
- to realize the value of one second, ask the person who has survived an accident
- to realize the value of one millisecond, ask the athlete who has won a silver medal in the Olympics
Enjoy, appreciate each minute of the remaining summer days!