Discipleship is core to John Wesley UMC’s ministry. In our life together as church family and in our personal lives, Celebrating, Connecting, Developing, Sharing and Serving are the keys to a well-rounded relationship with Jesus.
LEARNING…. There are opportunities for learning every Sunday and throughout the week. Classes for young people and the young at heart!
- Children’s and Youth Sunday School Classes: Take a look at what’s happening with our children and youth. All volunteers who work with our children and youth have met the conditions adopted in our Safe Sanctuaries Policy.
- Adult Sunday School Opportunities:
- Epworth Class – a Sunday morning opportunity for adults focused on interesting studies and lively discussion…
- Wesleyan Class – is an adult, Bible-based, Christ-focused Sunday school class which utilizes the “Adult Bible Studies” series, a United Methodist-approved curriculum used by over 400,000 students and teachers each week.
- Bible Study: Bible study and other learning opportunities are ongoing at John Wesley. If you are interested in finding an in-depth study of God’s word please contact the church office.
GROWING… “For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” (Matthew 18:20) Listed below are some of the many groups in the life of John Wesley UMC who give of their time and talents to share God’s love with a world in need:
- United Methodist Women
- Parish Nurse Program
- Prayer Group
- Binding Stitches Peacemakers
- Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Men’s Breakfast Group
- Supper Club
- The Sharing Team
- Family Life
- Methodist Youth Fellowship