“This is the very day GOD acted – let’s celebrate and be festive….GOD is God, he has bathed us in light. Festoon the shrine with garlands, hang colored banners above the altar!” Please join us as we celebrate God’s abiding presence and His blessings to us.
Upcoming Events (if you have questions about any of the events mentioned please contact the church office at 301-733-0391):
- Our worship schedule: Sunday School for all ages at 9:00 a.m., Fellowship at 10:00 a.m., Worship and Just Kids Church at 10:30 a.m.
- First Sunday of the month – Holly Place Sunday
- August 2 – Church Picnic at Marty Snook Halfway Park, pavilion 2, 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- August 9 – Dr. Jonathan Giblin, organ concert
- September 13 – Sky Family Celtic Revival concert
- November 15 – Julie Nevel, contemporary recording artist in concert
- We serve as host congregation of the REACH homeless shelter typically the first week of March.
- Special Lenten, Holy Week and Easter services
- Spring Music Concert – with performances by our Chancel, Contemporary and Handbell Choirs
- Church Birthday Party – a fun way to celebrate Pentecost with decorated tables and birthday cake!
- Summer Choir sings several Sundays during June, July and August while our Chancel Choir takes a break
- Hershey Park Trip – get “Hershey Park Happy” with your friends
- Summer Ice Cream Socials – Join us after worship for a fun time of fellowship and a sundae
- Church Picnic
- Camp Meeting Sunday – join us as we celebrate our rich musical heritage
- United Methodist Women Sunday – a time to celebrate the contributions made by the women of the church
- Christian Education Sunday – when we recognize our teachers
- Susanna Circle’s annual walk for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Join us and watch the Mummers’ Parade from our front steps. Tickets go on sale the beginning of October. Reserve early!
- Fall Craft Fair – Get your holiday shopping started with some new craft items
- Our annual Thanksgiving food drive to help needy local families with their holiday meals
- Christmas Gift Ministry takes place throughout the month of December
- “Hanging of the Greens” – help us decorate the sanctuary for Advent and Christmas on the first Sunday of Advent right after worship
- Christmas Gift Ministry – special collections for those in need take place throughout the month of December..
- The Annual Christmas Pageant, features our children and youth.
- A Service of Lessons and Carols celebrates the Nativity through music and scripture lessons.
- Holiday Tour of Historic Downtown Houses of Worship is a walking tour of downtown Hagerstown’s most beautiful sanctuaries.